« Corvettes »

Off Topic, Questions, Comments, anything you can think of that doesn't fit somewhere else. Post it here.

Corvettes

Postby Filthy Jawa on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 am

Anyone had any luck destroying corvettes or other capital ships? I don't have torpedoes yet, maybe that will help, but I've tried VERY hard to pick one off. It seems they can be more or less disabled if you throw enough missiles into one, but I can't ever seem to blow one up.
Filthy Jawa

Re: Corvettes

Postby Splaktar on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:14 am

I've tried the same thing and had the same experience.
Splaktar

Postby ReiToei on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:42 am

No, the ray shielded parts are still impenetrable to me (though I've ready that you CAN destroy them with enough work)... Looking forward to seeing it happen, though. Does destroying the engines actually do anything? It seems to me that it doesn't, even though it should.

Speaking of Corvettes, does anyone know exactly which target on them is the shield generator? There's a mission where destroying 4 generators is a bonus objective and while I usually do it just by nuking the crap out of them, I'm never sure which part to focus on.
Reitoei: 50 Sorcerer | Rei-Toei: 50 Mercenary | Reiz: 13 Juggernaut | Rei'd: 7 IA
Rei'toei: 14 Scoundrel
ReiToei

Postby Splaktar on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:18 pm

On the ones I've seen, the shield generator is the thing just set back from the row of 3 cannons on the sides (front and back).

On some missions, destroying the engines seems to make the ships start smoking and sort of falling out of pursuit/battle. I still try to take out most of the guns tho.

Do you know if taking out the antenna/satellite tower on the top of the smaller cruisers helps with anything?
Splaktar

Return to General Chat