« Down time.... »

Off Topic, Questions, Comments, anything you can think of that doesn't fit somewhere else. Post it here.

Down time....

Postby LtBrutus on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Well looks like im not going to be around much for a short time. My PSU died last night. Just placed an order for a new one. Second time this PSU has died. Could open an RMA since i have a 5 year warranty on it, but im just tired of the problems I've had with it. I'll try my laptop again, but last time it was a bit laggy with the population we have now. It ran ok on beta, but has been having a bit more trouble now. Hope it works so i can keep going. It died right after I hit 40 :( see you guys in game (hopefully)
LtBrutus

Re: Down time....

Postby ReiToei on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:31 am

That's damned unfortunate, Brutus... Out of curiosity - what model PSU?

I know one failure isn't indicative of a bad line, but I'd be interested to know anyway.
Reitoei: 50 Sorcerer | Rei-Toei: 50 Mercenary | Reiz: 13 Juggernaut | Rei'd: 7 IA
Rei'toei: 14 Scoundrel
ReiToei

Postby Ceno on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:42 am

It could be the power in your house or neighborhood. I recommend an APC Back-UPS product (I use this one).
Ceno Kre'Fey - Inq. Assassin - Sith guild leader
Nareese - Agent Sniper
Ceno

Postby LtBrutus on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:14 am

Here is the PSU i was using. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817159067 I'm going with a smaller PSU now, only 850w. I'm not running 4 HD's or 2 gfx cards anymore. I have battery backups on every major electronic area of my house. One for my desk, one for my wifes, and one for the big screen and console systems.
LtBrutus

Postby LtBrutus on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:20 am

Well, according to ups tracking, i should be getting the psu today. I've been playing some alts. My laptop seems to be tolerable upto reaching Balmora. So i now have a Sniper lvl 18 and Juggernaut lvl 16 :P Cant wait to get back to Sorceilla, she should have some good rested xp. :)
LtBrutus

Return to General Chat