« Server Transfer and Iron Circle »

Off Topic, Questions, Comments, anything you can think of that doesn't fit somewhere else. Post it here.

Server Transfer and Iron Circle

Postby Ceno on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:19 am

Now that server transfers are underway, the impact is becoming clear. Many servers are being consolidated onto a select few. Players do not have to transfer, but it means staying on a desolate server with little possibility of a thriving community. It appears all PVE East Coast servers are being directed to either Jedi Covenant or Canderous Ordo. Juyo will probably be directed to one of these places rather than become a "destination" server. So what does that mean for Iron Circle? It means we prepare for the move.

I'll give a brief recap of the Server Transfer program:
    It's free.
    It's a one-way ticket to one server chosen by Bioware.
    You can transfer all your Juyo alts.
    You can take items in inventory and cargo hold.
    You will be able to initiate it ingame and it is a painless process
    If your name is taken on the destination server, you will have to choose a new one. Same with surname.
To prepare for the transfer, take down and retrieve all items you have for sale on the GTN and anything stored in mail. Put it in your inventory or cargo hold. The guild bank will not transfer, so do not store things there. Be prepared with alternate names for your toons, in the off chance the names are already taken on the destination server.

Guilds do not transfer. I will be reforming Iron Circle and Gilderon will be reforming Knights of Iron on the destination server. We will get everyone settled in and recreate everything we had on Juyo. There is a minute chance our guild names are already taken. If that happens, we'll deal with it then so keep checking here for information. In preparation, I have transferred Iron Circle leadership to my alt Nareese and Gilderon transferred Knights of Iron to Kuzsh. I will leave Nareese on Juyo to keep Iron Circle going as long as possible, for the purposes of being able to communicate to returning guild mates what happened and where we went. I emptied the guild treasury of 700,000 credits (exact amount written down at home) and once the guild is reformed, I will buy a guild bank and deposit that amount back in. I have half the guild bank items in cargo hold and some others are assisting with moving the rest. We'll have recruiters helping to get everyone back in the guild, so keep checking back here for info.

I believe this is an opportunity for us to meet new people and swell our ranks. At launch, Bioware opened way too many servers (thinking a WOW exodus was inevitable) and then proceeded to spread people out evenly with the Guild pre-launch program. These transfers will assure we are on a crowded server and 1.3 will be icing on the cake with it's group-finding enhancements. Once the initial headache of reestablishing the guild is over, I think we will be poised for an IC golden age!

Ceno
Ceno Kre'Fey - Inq. Assassin - Sith guild leader
Nareese - Agent Sniper
Ceno

Re: Server Transfer and Iron Circle

Postby Huntriss on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:05 am

Sounds good.

Glad to see you are on top of things.
Huntriss

Postby Splaktar on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:37 am

Juyo --> Canderous Ordo
Splaktar

Postby Plunk on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 am

Splaktar wrote:Juyo --> Canderous Ordo

QFE. I posted the info and a link to this thread on FB for the light siders.
Plunk

Postby Splaktar on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:43 am

Character transfers are currently taking approximately less than one (1) hour .

Info from http://www.swtor.com/transfer

Begin your transfer now!

To start the character transfer process, login to your account, click My Account and then click Character Transfers in the left hand menu. From there you will be able to select Start a Character Transfer and see if you have any characters eligible for transfer to selected servers.

For guild members and masters, you will not be able to transfer your guild as a whole to your new server; instead you will need to reform it. If you have a guild bank, it will be re-granted to your new guild on your destination server by Customer Service. This is not an automatic process and you will have to contact Customer Service directly.

For more information on the program see our Character Transfer Service FAQ and our recent community blog.

Additional info from My Account -> Character Transfers:

The character you want to transfer...

...must not have been transferred within the last 72 hours.
...must not be a guild leader. (Guild members will not have their guild membership transferred.)
...should not have any items listed in the Galactic Trade Network. Active Galactic Trade Network listings will not be transferred.
...should not have any items, credits or mail in their mailbox. In-game mail will not be transferred. (Items and credits in your inventory are unaffected).

...will have its friends and ignore lists reset.
...may need to be renamed if your name is already taken on the destination server (you will be prompted for a new name when you log in if this is the case).
...will have its Legacy name set to your Legacy name on the destination server.
...will have its Legacy level set to the highest Legacy level among the source and the destination.

I will have to wait until this evening when I can start verifying that things have expired from the GTN. Unfortunately I just posted about 30 items for 2 days this morning :( Plus I need to clean up mailboxes.
Splaktar

Postby LtBrutus on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm going to star moving my characters now. I will log into Mumble and try to be around as much as i can today. As soon as we get the required people online, If there are no officers, I can try to get the group together to form IC if you want.

Just did my transfers. Took less than 5 minutes for them to be ready on the other server. 160 on Fleet. I'd assume that the transfer went faster than it will be this evening, when everyone is trying after work etc....
Last edited by LtBrutus on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LtBrutus

Postby Pivo on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:37 pm

I have a question about guild forming on CO....I have Piivo up and running, so can I start Knights of Iron w/out anyone else and hand the reigns over to gilderon when he gets on.

Oh....and Pivo did not make the transfer unscathed, so, as I typed it above....Piivo (fudge!)

Well, I am going to log in and see if I can, and regardless, I will hang out online as long as I can while I clean my house.
Pivo

Postby LtBrutus on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:50 pm

I believe you need a full party to form a guild. The party leader will be named the guildmaster. Yes you could hand it over. Thats what i was getting at when i was asking for IC Emp side.
LtBrutus

Postby Ceno on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:53 pm

I'm transferred (grrr, now CenoKrefey) and IC sith has been established. Pivo, it's easy to transfer guild, go to guild list, right click the person and change rank to guildmaster. Like brutus said, you have to have 3 others in a group with you and 5k (edit: to start a guild I meant).

I have to get back to work, but in 4 hours I'll be back to start getting everyone in and get some recruiters promoted.
Last edited by Ceno on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nareese - Agent Sniper
Ceno

Postby Ceno on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Also, we need 12 members before the guild bank can be setup. This includes alts, so we should be able to get that tonight.
Nareese - Agent Sniper
Ceno

Postby Pivo on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:59 pm

I was more or less hoping they would make it a little easier for us, especially since a bunch of us lost our names/friends lists did not transfer.
Pivo

Postby Huntriss on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:25 pm

I believe from the FAQ that you can open a customer service ticket and they will recreate the GB for you.

I'm moved I lost Huntriss and Mortiss as character names :(

I now have Tanktriss for Huntriss and Dulachan for Mortiss.

Also lost my legacy name :( So now it's Dorchadass
Huntriss

Postby Ceno on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Pivo wrote:I was more or less hoping they would make it a little easier for us, especially since a bunch of us lost our names/friends lists did not transfer.

I agree. I was thinking this the whole time. It absolutely sucks we're near last (if not the last) to transfer to this server. Everyone will probably have to rename at least one character. We're lucky we got Iron Circle. As I'm walking to the guild registrar, I see "Iron Talons" and another guild that ended with Iron lol.
Nareese - Agent Sniper
Ceno

Postby Ceno on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Huntriss wrote:I believe from the FAQ that you can open a customer service ticket and they will recreate the GB for you.

They won't recreate the GB until Juyo IC is disbanded. I don't want to do that anytime soon, so I'm springing for the initial 600k and we're moving 700k over from the treasury, that's almost enough to get the 2nd tab.
Nareese - Agent Sniper
Ceno

Postby Katosan on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Will be moving over tonight. I have already sent Macoul a text message so he is aware as well. Hopefully things will be smoothly for me... it would be a first :)
Katosan

Postby Huntriss on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Here's the info on GB getting reset up:
After your guild has been reformed, contact Customer Service. Upon confirmation that your origin server guild had a guild bank, and that your origin server guild has been disbanded, Customer Service will grant your new guild a new guild bank, along with an equal number of additional guild bank storage tabs. You will then be able to deposit your guild bank items and credits from your transferred characters.
Huntriss

Postby Huntriss on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Can I make the suggestion of opening up temporarily who can do invites?
Huntriss

Postby Splaktar on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm going to try to get home soon. Ceno will also be on at that time. Then we'll try to get recruiters setup. I hope to be online most of the night and I think that I will be able to handle some invites at that time.
Splaktar

Postby Ceno on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Huntriss wrote:Can I make the suggestion of opening up temporarily who can do invites?

Yep, that is the plan. Logging on now.
Nareese - Agent Sniper
Ceno

Postby Splaktar on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Got 3 pages of GTN auctions up atm on my main that I just posted for 2 days this morning. Around 200k in deposits that I will loose if I cancel the listings early. I will get it back the creds if I let them expire in another 1 day 15 hours. I get one other page to expire in 6 hours. So I will probably wait on those at least.
Splaktar

Postby Splaktar on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:31 pm

2 inviters online right now on Canderous Ordo. Send tell to Cenokrefey or Samas.
Splaktar

Postby LtBrutus on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:55 pm

LtBrutus can invite to the Empire side as well.
LtBrutus

Postby Splaktar on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 am

Got Splaktar transferred over but need someone to invite him since I can't invite myself. Got my 200k back from the GTN ;)

Also I'm online for the next 15 minutes or so if someone needs an invite. I should be around most of the day as well, so post here if you need one and I should be able to get online fairly quickly.
Splaktar

Postby Splaktar on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Looks like they just opened up a 3rd PVE East server. I think it is The Shadowlands. They are waiting until they see how the weekend populations effect Canderous Ordo before adding more origin servers to it.
Splaktar

Postby Perilous on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:36 am

Hey guys,

I've been away for about six months -- just came back into the game this past week. I noticed the server was absolutely dead when I logged in!

I'll be changing to Canderous Ordo today. I hope I can keep most of my toon names!

-Peri
Perilous

Postby Moriras on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Howdy hoo,

So we moved our critters over, but lost a couple names.

Moriras is still alliance side, same with Aan'allein. Anessa has become Zayla. Think those were our only guilded allies.
Tuon on Empire side is different, but I can't even begin to remember how it goes besides having 'tuon' in it somewhere. We'll keep an eye out for you all.

M
Moriras

Return to General Chat